If you have a surplus of over-enthusiastically bought clementines that aren’t quite as juicy as they once were, here’s an idea for a zesty, caramelised treat;
- Light the oven and set to gas mark 5
- Top and tail the clementines. Place top and tail slices into a pan with some sugar, cinnamon and water. Boil.
- Meanwhile cut the top and tailed clems into 5mm slices and lay out onto a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle a bit of sugar all over the clems and blob some butter around and about on the top too.
- After about 10 mins of boiling, drain the cooked peel, sugar and cinnamon mixture and pour the liquid over the butter and sugared clems on your baking sheet
- Whack in the oven until they are looking a golden brown; even a bit crispy.
- Use as they are to nibble on, make a dessert with (chop up and add to plain yogurt), add to muesli or whizz up roughly for some quick marmalade!